Some of the points covered in this sermon:
• Reviewing the main structure of Genesis 5:1-6:8
• Showing the main structure of Genesis 5:3-32
• Showing how eight of the ten tables of descendants end with a record of death, whereas two of the tables end with a record of life
• Showing the relationship between Enoch and Noah, both of which end with a record of life, but where Enoch was translated that he should not see death, Noah stands as the representative of new life in a new world
• Showing how death and translation are not only fundamental doctrines of the faith, but also among the most practical and relevant considerations of one’s life
• Using the framework of sovereign grace as a backdrop, death and translation are illustrated and explained
Jared Smith served twenty years as pastor of a Strict and Particular Baptist church in Kensington (London, England). He now serves as an Evangelist in the Philippines, preaching the gospel, organizing churches and training gospel preachers.