With the combined energies and resources of a deacon belonging to Tilden Chapel in Smarden, and a farmer residing in Lashenden, a Strict and Particular Baptist Chapel was built in 1880. Two years after the chapel opened, a church was organized and John Kemp was appointed the first pastor. He served the fellowship until his death in 1932, a total of 52 years.
Biddenden Chapel, 1880
John Kemp, Pastor
These Articles of Faith were obtained from the Strict Baptist Historical Society.