Some of the points covered in this sermon:
• Examining the definitions for the gospel given by Steven Lawson, R. C. Sproul, John Piper and Mark Dever
• Explaining why the foregoing definitions are either incomplete, or inaccurate
• Examining the meaning of the term ‘gospel’ and its occurrence in the New Testament
• Showing how the gospel is inseparably connected with the gracious covenant
• Framing a definition for the gospel based on the teachings of 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Corinthians 14:13 and 2 Thessalonians 2:13,14
• Comparing the definition of the gospel with the characteristics of the gospel as recorded in Acts 20:24; Ephesians 1:13; 3:6; 6:15; 1 Timothy 1:11; 2 Timothy 1:8; Revelation 14:6
Jared Smith served twenty years as pastor of a Strict and Particular Baptist church in Kensington (London, England). He now serves as an Evangelist in the Philippines, preaching the gospel, organizing churches and training gospel preachers.