Some of the points covered in this sermon:
• The living heritage of the early Patriarchs was their “sons and daughters”
• Highlighting four limitations of parental oversight
• First, you cannot control your adult children, but you can train them when they are young
• Second, you cannot determine the outcome, but you can manage the process
• Third, you cannot demand respect based merely on position, you must earn it by faithfully discharging your parental responsibilities
• Fourth, you cannot regenerate your children, but you can teach them the framework of sovereign grace
Jared Smith served twenty years as pastor of a Strict and Particular Baptist church in Kensington (London, England). He now serves as an Evangelist in the Philippines, preaching the gospel, organizing churches and training gospel preachers.