Some of the points covered in this sermon:
• A review is given of the first nine books of the Old Testament—Genesis, Job, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges and Ruth
• 80% of the entire history of the Old Testament is covered by these nine books, a grand total of 2,850 years
• The emphasis in each book is on the people who lived during that time in history, rather than the events which unfolded throughout the course of history
• The masterplan of God for the ages is set forth in each book, namely, His dispensing (or administering) grace to the two groups of the human race—special grace unto salvation to the elect, and common grace unto creation to the non-elect
• An explanation is given for the error of the Arminians and the Moderate-Calvinists who conflate the special and common grace of God, whereby they develop the pernicious teachings of duty faith and the free offer of the gospel
Jared Smith served twenty years as pastor of a Strict and Particular Baptist church in Kensington (London, England). He now serves as an Evangelist in the Philippines, preaching the gospel, organizing churches and training gospel preachers.