Mrs. Samuel Jones
Mrs. Samuel Jones (1814-1893) moved in the circle of the High-Calvinist teachers throughout her earthly pilgrimage, sitting under the gospel ministries of D. Denham, J. Irons and J. Jones, to name a few. Her last church of membership was with Mount Zion, Chadwell-street, whose pastor (Mr. Mitchell) conducted her funeral service. She was held in high esteem by the brethren.
Mrs. Jones (relict of the late Mr. Samuel Jones, who was well known in connection with Mount Ephraim, Margate) peacefully passed away February 27, in her 79th year, at the residence of her eldest son, Bethune-road, Stoke Newington. Deceased was a noble specimen of God’s workmanship—upright gait, cheerful, bright, happy-looking Christian woman. Her pleasing countenance, always beaming with joy, gave one the impression of her being favoured with much of the Saviour's presence in her heart. In her younger days, with her husband, of blessed memory, she was favoured with the ministry of the late David Denham (by whom she was baptized) and Joseph Irons, subsequently J. A. Jones, of Jireh Chapel, in whose company and fellowship her love for the Lord Jesus Christ was…